Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Cord

So the fall continued. Josh starting the process to get out of the Army, me driving 70 miles to school and 70 miles back to Clarksville 4 days a week. Julia in the mean time hated her new preschool.

The classes were huge, around 30 kids a class, they were loud and uncontrolled. Multiple time Julia came home with bumps, bruises and even bite marks. Everyday was a fight to drop her off, she would cry and scream and hang on to us like we were leading her to her death. But there was nothing we could do about it. We could not afford any place else and it was only a temporary thing. 

November finally rolled around and my pregnancy was finally easing up. I was not sick as often anymore and I could feel the baby moce every once in awhile. At the 20 week mark we made our way back to Knox for the day for the 20 week ultrasound. We watched in amazement as we saw images of our baby flash on the screen. We were told it was a boy and while we were soaking that in I noticed the lady stop and flash a picture of something and typed, '2 vessel cord' on the screen. I knew there was suppose to be 3 vessels in the umbilical cord. As soon as we made it back to the truck I started googling what that meant. I couldnt find any definate answers on anything so I let it go for the time being.

A few weeks later I got a callfrom my midwife. She wanted to send me to Nortons in Louisville to have a better ultrasound done to check babys measurements. If that doctor determined there was something wrong I would be transfered to them and put on partial bed rest. We finally made it to that appointment day and all of our fears were put to ease when the doctor viewed the ultrasound and said everything was fine and I could stay at Knox. He recommended a NST and growth scan at every appoinment until I delivered. By this point it had become clear that Julia and I would be moving back to Etown without Josh in December. I would be delivering here around my support system and Julia would be back at ECA where she was comfortable and could learn more. We made the decision for me to attend the Etown campus for the Spring semester since I am on track to graduate in December and my due date was so close to the end of the semester. At this point baby was still nameless.

No comments:

Post a Comment